Above all else, guard your heart...

Above all else, guard your heart- for it is the wellspring of life. (Proverbs 4.23)

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Flooding in Nashville

In case you haven't heard, Nashville is under water. Literally. A rain storm moved in yesterday that has devastated communities throughout the middle Tennessee area... and it's not done yet. Although the tornadoes and thunder storms have subsided, the rain just keeps coming.

Roads have turned to rivers.

Houses and cars under water.

And the rain keeps coming.




Currently, I'm stuck in my old apartment with my roommate, Liz. The apartment is empty, with a tv, two blankets, and some food. My new place is in Brentwood, and the roads between here and there are impassible. We've been here two days now and are praying for a break in the rain. But honestly, I can't complain. Some of my friends have lost so much - their cars, their basements, and some - their houses. I've always watched terrible stories like this on tv, but now, I'm living it.

A woman lost her husband yesterday when he stepped outside to try and help a girl stranded on her car. The road had a current as strong as a raging river. As he tried to pull her to safety, the man lost his footing and they were both swept away. The woman could only watch as her husband was swept away on the street they drive every day. He didn't survive.


This is my city... and we're hurting.

Will you take a moment and pray for Nashville?

No comments:

Post a Comment