Above all else, guard your heart...

Above all else, guard your heart- for it is the wellspring of life. (Proverbs 4.23)

Friday, November 20, 2009

Faith, Comfort Zones, and the Realization that its NOT about me

We just finished a series entitled "Faith, Hope, and Love" at my church. Some serious works took place, and God made a move on my heart. After taking a HUGE leap of faith, I emailed my pastor, Pete, about the decision. You can read my email, which Pete posted inside his blog, by clicking below

The Thrill of Trusting

I came home tonight (well, its 3:30 am, so... I guess I could say morning) to 30 comments on his blog post, and 13 re-tweets on the subject. I was quoted on Twitter accounts by people I don't know, and informally thanked by some that I may never meet. Over and over again I read "I needed this..." or "May I make the same decision..."

It's not about me, my money, or how painful of a decision it was. Even less than a week since making the decision I can see just how LITTLE it was about me. Sure, my faith will be built and tested over this time... but I can't even begin to know who else my decision will now affect. Thousands of people follow Pete on twitter... possibly thousands have read my simple email.

One of the lines in the email I wrote was quoted several times as "tweets" - Being “comfortable” is not the goal- the goal is to be at the center of God’s will.

Let me say that again to remind myself, and maybe you- the goal is to be at the center of God's will.


How humbling it is to be used by God. How thrilling it is to know He wants to use me.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment