Above all else, guard your heart...

Above all else, guard your heart- for it is the wellspring of life. (Proverbs 4.23)

Friday, February 12, 2010

Boring, Broken Hotel...

Well, tonight I don't have anything extremely witty (or earth shattering) to write about. No, tonight I'm merely bored out of my mind at my hotel so I figured I would write a little update on where I'm at.



Currently, I'm sitting at a computer in a business center at a Hampton Inn in Alabama. I'm coaching in a big volleyball tournament that starts tomorrow and had plans of relieving all my stress tonight but sadly, the gym is a joke (broken treadmill, broken elliptical, a bike that could possibly work...). Ultimate fitness for tonight is a bust. So now, after my Guiltless Black Bean Burger (absolute FAVORITE) from Chili's, and a riveting episode of House I'm out of things to do. I decided to not bring my laptop with me (really need a break from work) so I could relax and just focus on volleyball. A lot of good that did me. On my defeated stroll back from the not-so-fit fitness center, I spotted a 24 hour business center. Uh oh. There goes my break from technology and work. Luckily, I had no messages or emails to sort through so straight to Facebook I went. Again, my productivity is riveting. I can't stand my attraction to that stupid website.



In other news, the further south I drove, the colder it got. Once I reached Birmingham, I found snow. SNOW. What the? Boston's blizzard fizzled out, Dallas got 10 inches of snow, and I drive south for the weekend and hit a snow storm. Honestly!? It was, however, a beautiful thing to drive through "rush hour" without a single car on the road. Oh Alabama. Oh southerners. Oh global warming. (PS, in my humble opinion, I feel they should call it something else... especially when snow is popping up everywhere).



The snow did, however, make for one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen. My absolute favorite "picture" of nature is the way everything looks after a snow fall. Everything is shining, reflecting the sun, and plain magnificent. It's a sight I grew up with and every time I see a picture of a snowy winter I'm reminded of home. On my drive today, as the sun was setting, I beheld what I can honestly say was the best yet. A southern sunset with a New England background. I think only those who have experienced both can imagine what it looks like put together. It was absolutely breathtaking.



---



Speaking of breathtaking, I'm going to head back to the unfit center to see if that bike works...

No comments:

Post a Comment