Above all else, guard your heart...

Above all else, guard your heart- for it is the wellspring of life. (Proverbs 4.23)

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Acting like a 6 year old...

I love vacations. Whether its a weekend off (I sometimes consider that a stay-cation because I rarely leave the house) or a trip to a different climate, vacations seem to stir my soul and get me excited. Rarely do I rest on vacations (isn't it funny how it always happens like that?)... coming back more exhausted than when I left, due to sun exposure and lack of sleep. When I was a child, I remember being unable to sleep the night before we headed out on vacation. Typically it was a Disney world trip, and we had to leave at about 4am to go to the airport (the benefits of living in the middle of nowhere in New Hampshire...), so I sat wide awake in my bed thinking of all the things we were going to do once we arrived.

Tonight, I find myself doing the same thing.

Where am I going on vacation, you ask? Nowhere. Then why the lack of sleep? I know, the suspense is just killing you.

One thing I love almost as much as my own vacations, is someone else's vacation... to Nashville... to visit me. And at approximately 10:30am tomorrow morning, one of the greatest women on earth will be landing at Nashville International Airport. Lucky for her, I'll be there with an embarrassing sign waiting at the baggage claim. Lucky for me, she won't even notice a sign in my hands when she sees her baby all grown up.


That's right - my momma is coming to visit. I was able to go home for Christmas, and while there, convinced her to come stay with me for Easter. Anyone who knows my family understands how great of a feat this is - Ludwicks just don't miss holidays. We get together for Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Memorial Day... we may have even celebrated Columbus Day together too. We like gathering together... and this year, I get to expose my mom to my new world, and share with her my friends, church, and community on such an important weekend. I'm like a 6 year old ready to go to Disney all over again. I'm so excited I just don't think I can sleep.

Too bad I have a workout at 7am...

No comments:

Post a Comment